cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

eraserpr0
Journeyman III

Repair Driver all PowerColor RX57XX

Hello, I have a card PowerColor Red Dragon 5700 and my friend have Red Dragon 5700 XT...

Everywhere the same glitch, the frequency everywhere is not true. If you set the frequency 1800 - it works at a frequency of 1700. You put 1900 - it works at 1800 and so on. Everywhere the difference is 100 MHz.

On my 5700, the AMD driver shows a boost to 1850. In fact, it goes 1750. And this is not the case in the chip, even if you change it PowerLimit and Voltage, Everything remains in the same place. A lot of time has passed, but you have not corrected this situation.

0 Likes
2 Replies
alseu
Challenger

That's not a problem.
From AMD official website:

"Game Frequency" is the expected GPU clock when running typical gaming applications, set to typical TGP (Total Graphics Power). Actual individual game clock results may vary.

"Boost Clock Frequency" is the maximum frequency achievable on the GPU running a bursty workload. Boost clock achievability, frequency, and sustainability will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to: thermal conditions and variation in applications and workloads.

AMD explains their new "Game Clock" GPU metric at E3 2019 | GameCrate

0 Likes

This is problem! On the entire series of video cards PowerColor Red Dragon. My 5700 - boost (official 1750). And he adheres to them, but in all applications (amd drivers, msi afterburner and etc.) he writes in fact 1850. And my friend has an XT version of the video card. 

He also shows 100Hz less, while if he accelerates the frequency to the same 100Hz - it still works.

It does not matter the voltage, power and temperature limits. The cant was either from the company or from AMD!

Everywhere the wrong frequencies are displayed in the entire PowerColor Red Dragon line! Sorry for the mistakes, because I'm from Russia. At our popular overclocking forum, there are at least 5 more people who have the same cards and the same problems.
It is necessary for AMD to correct overclocking. And so that the cards would fix the initially correct frequency.

I know that it all depends on the success of the chip, and many XT accelerate in frequency to 2000+, this factor does not play a role here. The error is in the AMD software or BIOS from the company mentioned above. But I think AMD can fix the situation, but their chips.

I ask the moderators to transfer the topic where it will be right!

0 Likes