I know that this card had a rough road but jezus FIX THESE ISSUES!
i still have a lot of performance issues like stutters and frame rate drops. and i've had it. as soon as i can (there still is this virus so i can't yet) i'm going to return it to the store. let them figure it out...
yes. i am getting angry. the famous adrenaline driver 20.2. didn't solve anything for me. neither did the 20.3... i'm getting very sure it's a hardware issue.
so what exactly is the problem:
when i play a game i get sudden and unpredictable frame rate drops and stutters. for a brief moment (half a second to a second or 2) i lose control and i can't do anything anymore. afterwards it executes all the input i made leaving me completely disorientated...
when i look at the card's performance i always see a big drop in power usage and a drop in clock speed. why? *** is going on here...
my specs are:
- cpu: amd ryzen 7 2700x wraith boxed
- mobo: gigabyte b450 gaming x
- memory: corsair vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200 cl14
- psu: Corsair TX750M 750W ATX24
- SSD: SSD 500GB 2.3/3.4G 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SAM
- GPU: AMD radeon RX 5700 xt
What did i do already:
- i installed the latest drivers (duh)
- i did a clean install from windows
- i undervolted and downclocked the card
- i installed the latest mobo BIOS
- i put the card in the other PCI slot
- i undervolted some more
i didn't return it yet. but i soon will. the more i look for answers the more people i find who have the same problems and i don't think they ever found a solution.
i'm going to nvidia asap. i bought this card in December but i don't understand why it was still in the stores when i read these forums. AMD should have taken them back in and fixed them before people can buy them again... especially if there are so many people with these issues.