cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

passante
Adept I

RX 460 fans going absolutely crazy (video)

Hi, I have a very annoying problem with my RX 460. Basically the fans keep starting and stopping. If I enter in game the fans would do this for the first 5 to 10 minutes after which they would spin normally as expected. Once I quit the game they would re.start again with this annoying start-stop cycle.

I've been having this issue since the moment I installed this card, around 3 years ago. Back than I didn't really care so I put it out and installed my nVidia card. However recently I build a second pc and was like, hey, why not use my rx 460 right? But when I installed it I got immediately reminded why I put it away 3 years ago. Basically I forgot about this problem.

Here is a video example of what is really happening.

Pls TURN UP the volume so that you can clearly hear the problem

0 Likes
1 Reply

Nice to finally see what other Users were complaining about in the past with their GPU fans cycling by starting and stopping constantly.

Either it is a driver issue or the GPU card is defective. 

I would suggest trying a previous AMD Driver and see it the cycling continues. If it does it probably is a defective GPU card with a bad or intermittent thermal sensor or Thermal cirucuit. 

Since the same thing occurred on two different Motherboards then that narrows it down to the GPU card or AMD Driver.

0 Likes