cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dailenth
Journeyman III

20.3.1 BSOD: THREAD_STUCK_ON_DEVICE_DRIVER w Vega 56

Hello, It looks like I tried various method resolving the issue, but to no avail. 
I tried Installing various drivers from 19.xx to 20.xx, while using DDU to uninstall but the results are still the same.
I upgraded my PSU to a 850W 80+ Platinum, got quality HDMI 2.1 cables, I constantly upgrade my Motherboard BIOS to latest versions, I downloaded every single update available for Windows 10, I downloaded the latest audio drivers, I even installed brand new version of Windows 10.

I have a crash dump file as a report, and it suggest a driver related issue while using a handy application WhoCrashed
It's attached on this post for others to read. I tried the oldest and newers drivers on the website, but it still crashes.
Are there any way older drivers for me to try?

Ryzen 5 1600 @ Stock

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F
MSI Vega 56 AIR BOOST OC 8GB

2x8GB Corsair Vegneance LPX DDR4 @ XMP 3000mhz

0 Likes
1 Reply
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

As you wrote, the error you received is probably the display driver-related.

* Uninstall the installed display driver using DDU and Windows safe mode. And then restart the system.

* Extract AMD display driver file to a folder with a program such as 7-zip. And then perform only display driver installation using Windows Device Manager and this folder.

Simply an application of the display driver or an application running in the background makes your system an error. In addition, applications such as MSI AfterBurner and HWINFO64 can cause such errors to the system. Such applications also install a driver on the system, and even if you close or uninstall the program, this driver acts on the system and continues to exist. In other words, without such applications that will affect the graphics card, it may be necessary to try only display driver installation with a clean Windows installation.

Also using 2 or 3 different programs that use the graphics card at the same time. Or putting the graphics card under the load that it cannot. Or forcing the display driver to a capture operations that it cannot... will cause you to have similar problems and get the same error message.

0 Likes