cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

naikosan
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series driver problem

hello, I am using Lenovo ideapad Z585 laptop. When I installed the drivers I formatted, my video card was not active. This driver has been removed from the 7600M series and AMD site. I used a lot of driver programs, it says it has been updated, but it cannot be used. I downloaded the driver from the internet and it gives blue screen.

AMD 7600M series video card driver I need to find what should I do.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Your BSOD Error 0x7F explained by Microsoft: Bug Check 0x7F UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs 

To rule out defective hardware, Run Lenovo's Diagnostics on your laptop from here: laptops and netbooks :: ideapad z series laptops :: ideapad z585 notebook Lenovo PC Support - US

You have a very old Laptop.

Try installing Lenovo's own AMD Graphic driver for Windows 7 from here: laptops and netbooks :: ideapad z series laptops :: ideapad z585 notebook - US  and see if it works correctly. 

Also make sure you have the Latest Lenovo BIOS update installed: Bios Update for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Z485, Z585 Notebook - US 

If Lenovo's AMD Graphics Driver starts working correctly than the problem is with the AMD  generic laptop drivers.

You need to install your AMD APU driver which will install both the HD7660g and HD7600M drivers. This is the only HD7660G APU I found at AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-4600m-ra... 

Your APU is considered to be legacy (Non-Supported) without any more AMD driver updates. You have a choice of 2 Windows 7 Drivers to choose from:

1- WHQL 2015

2- BETA 2016.

I highly suggest you first install Lenovo's Windows 7 AMD graphics driver first to make sure your laptop works correctly.