Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

volga163
Journeyman III

RX560: fan doesn't spin after hibernation

Hello!
I use an RX560 graphics card by Asrock. I noticed that after exiting the hibernation mode the graphics card doesn't start the fan, and it stays still. After booting the OS, the fan quickly goes to 100% twice then again switches off. When I started FurMark, the card doesn't start the fan even when the temperature goes as high as 80C. After rebooting the machine, the fan works normally again.

I rarely use the hibernation mode but sometimes it's requied to use it for me... The graphics card drivers version is 20.2.1. Motherboard model is MSI A68HM-E33. There is no GPU fan smart control in the BIOS, AFAIK. OS: Windows 10 x64. 
What can be solution of this problem, except stopping using the hibernation mode? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
manaoming
Journeyman III

This is awkward, replying so late and not even being an AMD user, but my ASUS Vivobook X3500PH with a NVIDIA GTX-1650 with Max-Q design faces a similar issue. OS: Windows 11 x64. My CPU fan works fine after hibenation, but my GPU fan stops, although a reboot will get it working again.
The crazy thing is, I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, clicked Switch User and my GPU fan turned on again. Try that, I guess.
Edit: I forgot to mention, after clicking Switch User, I also clicked some other local user, then went back to the one I was using and logged back in.

0 Likes

Have found a solution that works more often: put the computer to sleep, wait until the fans stop spinning, then wake it up.

0 Likes