cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

oggycather
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon 7470 - Radeon software failed to identify your AMD graphics hardware

Hello, I recently bought a computer that came with AMD Radeon 7470 (AMD Radeon 7000 series). The problem is that I can't install the required drivers to actually use the GPU. I've tried uninstalling those drivers and reinstalling them but no luck. (I've even tried manufacturer drivers but they didn't help either) Here are a few screenshots of the issue:
IMG_20200318_211530.jpgIMG_20200318_211102.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies

This is Microsoft Device Manager Code 39 explanation:

This is AMD explanation for AMD Error code 182: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb182 

If you tried to install the latest AMD driver then that is the reason for all your errors. The latest AMD Drivers are not compatible with your legacy (Non-Supported) HD 7470.

You have a choice of only two AMD Drivers that are the last compatible drivers for your GPU card from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7470 

1- WHQL 2015

2-BETA 2016.

Once you download the driver you want to install, follow this basic instructions on installing them:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected. Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

You can run DDU in Windows Desktop but then you would need to reboot or restart your computer to finish deleting all trances of AMD.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

0 Likes

After trying to install the HD7470 drivers from my previous reply and Windows still doesn't recognize the GPU card in Device Manager it is possible the GPU card may have come loose from its PCIe slot when the computer reached your home.

Open the computer side panel and make sure the GPU card is making good contact by removing it and installing again. Also clean the gold contacts with a pencil erasure before installing the GPU card in the PCIe slot.

Install the AMD legacy drivers and see if it is recognized in Device Manager.

If not recognized, If possible, take the GPU card and install it on another compatible computer and see if it is recognized. If it isn't then most likely it indicates a defective GPU Card.

0 Likes