cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

kenyomurabu
Adept II

I need Help (Anyone Able To Help) Need Suggestions?

Computer Specs. 

Windows 10 Pro Edition (Version 1909 But Wanting To Remove This From Windows) 
Intel I7 4770 3.6 Ghz 
PCIE Express 3.0 or x16 or whatever... 
16 GB DDR3 RAM 
XFX R9 270X 2 Fans & 2GB VRAM GPU 
AMD 2020 Edition 20.1.0 I think, not sure (Probably Going Back To 2019 Edition) 

Problems: 

CPU Crashed PC 1nce durring an Unwanted Forced Windows Update 
STEAM Crashed over Memory being claimed to be Full 
My Screen is completely normal on Desktop at 4K & 1080P, & 2560x1080P,
but Cinematics in Games show at 1080P Static Visuals with a lot of Dots appearing, 
blurry picture, & all that... MK11 is has colors showing like Lava for instance shows
too much Orange in a big place, rather then actual Details of color mixtures... 
Paint Program laggs when drawing too much Details on Screen... 
The Picture goes really dark on STEAM when I do too much work while 
STEAM is Open... 

Solutions: 

Any ideas what I should do in terms of New Hardware? 
I am Open to Suggestions? I wanted to build a New PC 
but after the Pandemic thing, this sorta got put on hold 
with no work, & all that going on right now... 

Anything at all would be great?

0 Likes
1 Reply

This the latest from AMD for your GPU card (03/05/2020): https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-... 

Here is Cnet Specs on your GPU: XFX Radeon R9 270X - Double Dissipation Edition - graphics card - Radeon R9 270X - 2 GB Specs - CNET 

Your GPU may not qualify for running today's DirectX 12 games by the above description.

You can always Stress test your GPU card to see if it passes without any artifacts or overheating. Furmark Fuzzy Donut suppose to be good at finding out if your GPU card develops Artifacts while under stress. But it puts a huge amount of stress on the GPU card while testing. Or you can try using OCCT which checks your CPU, GPU, & PSU.

Overheating is one of the main reasons for a GPU card to develop artifacts besides Overclocking it or defective vRAM Memory.

This gaming website gives you all the hardware requirements you need to have to run various games: https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=5064&game=Steam&systemCheck 

By the way, I don't believe Windows version 1909 is your problem. Good chance your GPU card is going bad.

If you want to upgrade you need to be sure you have a powerful enough PSU to run the new GPU card. You can use this website as a reference for the minimum PSU you need for various GPU card: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

0 Likes