cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dpc13
Journeyman III

My game crashes now, because of the new AMD driver i just installed

So i had a 32 bit version of win7 and i had the latest amd driver, the game started that time (counter strike global offensive) but it worked slowly. So i decided to move on 64 bit version of win7 in order to make my laptop read all my RAM. Then i installed the latest AMD driver, adrenaline 2020 and now my game crashes when i start it..it doesnt even start. So i uninstalled the driver, and now the games starts, but runs slowly. So i decided to install an older version of the amd driver (some driver from 2016 i think ?) and the game starts, but , as well, runs slowly. What should i do? I mention that back in the day, i had an win7 on 64bit but the driver wasn't updated, and the game was working fine, so i decided then it was time to update my driver, and from there, all started. Now i don't really know what to do

0 Likes
1 Reply

https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

Laptop graphics update...How to 

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do: