cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

XBOX Series X Specs Revealed: A Beast

Cost wasn't revealed, but it's easy to see $400-$500 in parts alone, and this doesn't include the cost of an expansion card or external hard drive.

Something interesting which caught my eye, look at the "Memory Bandwidth" section. We saw this kind of arrangement with a certain nVidia video card which prompted lawsuits...

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-specs/

6 Replies

I put a few hours into the post for the blog

XBOX ONE SERIES X SPECS – HARDCORE GAMES™ 

Now I await AMD to cough up with a new video card. Preferably double console or more.

0 Likes

This review from this tech site (Xbox Series X: Price, Release Date, Games, Specs, and News | Den of Geek ) is pretty good that shows how large the actual XBOX series X will be in comparison to a banana.

They speculated that the price range, as Black Zion mentioned, will be about $400 - $450 for the Series X Premium while the budget XBOX Series X will be around $300 - $350 depend on the hardware you choose.

I wonder if that fan at the top of XBOX will be sufficient in keeping the interior cool under heavy loads or prevent liquids or particles from entering the interior through the fan when turned off.

0 Likes

Looks like Microsoft won't be allowing owners to choose between (slightly) longer runtimes for external storage, the expandable storage will be a proprietary external NVMe SSD which could be priced around the $200 mark. That's a lot to ask for a console specific accessory.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/xbox-series-x-will-use-proprietary-external-ssds-for-expansion

Any word on how many FPS the banana gets?

I imagine 60 Fruits per seconds fast!.

0 Likes

Xbox sent me a link for the media pack early this morning. Some of the images were 8,000 by 8,000 pixels. I had to resize a lot of them to make them more suitable for WordPress use.

I have worked on the post all day fixing the images as I proceeded. 

Not sure if my R5 3600 will be adequate for long but once the Apple order is done, I am hoping for a 5mm processor with more cores and a bunch L3 cache.

The R5 3600 is more of a band aide to support PCIe 4.0.

0 Likes