cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zxcaptainxz
Journeyman III

Adrenaline 2020 Switchable Graphics for Windows 7

Can anyone help me choose the GPU used for rendering? My laptop has an integrated Intel HD and the AMD R7 M265 GPUs, and I'm having trouble switching to the AMD GPU in many games. I have searched about the issue and it seems the option to choose between GPUs was integrated into Windows 10 Settings, which doesn't exist for Windows 7.

Right now I have rolled back to Adrenaline 2019, which has the switchable graphics integrated into its interface unlike the 2020 version.

0 Likes
4 Replies

It doesn't matter if you have Win10 or Win7...the switchable function was changed from the graphics card to the computer 'Display' settings in Adrenalin 2020. The latest AMD driver for your laptop is the 20.2.2 > https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r7-series/amd-radeon-r7-200-series/amd-radeon-r7-... 

The Intel driver must be updated from Intel support...this driver must be installed before the AMD driver . Please read this...Intel/AMD graphics > Laptop graphics update...How to 

Also:

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Visibility: Drivers & Software973415 Views

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have just fully updated my windows to get the message shown in your picture. However, I still can't find where that "Display" setting can be accessed from , can you please be a little more specific about where can I find it? My Intel driver is also up-to-date.

0 Likes

I have Win7 but this is the idea..

0 Likes

You can also just right click in an empty space on your desktop and display settings should be an option to click by default. 

0 Likes