cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

etgkclas
Journeyman III

rx 590 no image capability with 2 monitors

I recently bought rx 590 video card.I have 2 monitors, both have vga output.I installed a converter on these monitors and connected the monitors to the hdmi inputs on the video card.then when I started the system, the system first gave the image to both monitors.then the image went from both monitors and the system returned to reboot.as a result, I failed to capture images from two monitors simultaneously.my graphics driver is up to date and when i use a single monitor, i can get the image without any problem.how do i fix this problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Make sure that both HDMI>VGA Adapters are "Active" type.

"Active" HDMI>VGA adapters converts the HDMI signal from the GPU card to VGA signal BEFORE reaching the VGA Monitor. Thus it has the best compatibility than if using 'Passive".

If both are Active HMDI>VGA adapter, check your cables and see if both work on one Monitor.

Check Windows Settings - Display and see if both Monitors are showing and what Resolutions.

Are both Monitors operating on the same Resolutions?

0 Likes
etgkclas
Journeyman III

2 hdmı to vga cables are active and work perfectly. İf I plug the second monitör's cable, the graphic card shot down and my system try to work again and  again. but there was no signal both monitörs. I unplugged one monitor, the system open perfectly. by the way I use similar resolution 

0 Likes

What Make & Model of PSU do you have installed?

If your PSU is powerful and nothing is Overheating than my guess is you have a defective GPU card.

I highly suggest your open an Online AMD Service Request and see if they believe you have a defective GPU card from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

NOTE: Could it be a defective Adapter or cable (shorted) ?

0 Likes