cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Metro Exodus Red Color Distortions in Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 Anyone else see this?

Systrem Information:
CPU: Ryzen 2700X.

RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz.
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VII.
BIOS: 3004 (Latest Available).
GPU: XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid.
HDD: Seagate 2TB SSHD

Metro Exodus running on Windows XBOX Game Pass at 4K Ultra settings.
I am seeing the following red color distortions, some examples below:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Anyone else seeing this effect on their AMD GPU with Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. Drivers? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 Replies

Looks like I need to drop the HBM2 overclock or set textures to performance in the Driver to get rid of the color distortions.

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You should not OC to video memory. Because changing video memory values can cause similar problems. For this reason, all OC GPUs are released with standard video memory speed values.

0 Likes

Yes I understand that cards are not sold with factory overclocked memory.

I can usually overclock and undervolt XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid HBM2 to the following speeds on games with no problems as long as I keep the reported GPU temperature below ~ 50'C:

DX12 Games = 1120 MHz. (18.5% OC).
DX11 Games = 1150 MHz. (21.7% OC).

I use Memory Timing Level 2 in the driver.

Sometimes I have to change textures from standard to performance in the driver.

Overclocking the HBM2 in the RX Vega cards is the lowest cost (in terms of additional power consumption) and most effective way to increase the GPU performance on those cards).

The stock frequency of 945 MHz seems way too low for the watercooled RX Vega 64 Liquid cards i own and have tested.

I normally run with Radeon Chill with Chill_Min = 30 Chill_Max = 300 and Global FRTC set to 60 for 4K gaming with the RX Vega 64 Liquid.

However I am unable to set XBOX Game Pass Profiles in AMD Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 or 20.2.2.

Therefore i cannot use Radeon Chill.

0 Likes

You are an experienced forum member. You can report this problem to AMD. An update of the Radeon driver is essential for UWP games. Also, while this feature is available with nVidia, AMD must develop it. In addition, the graphics driver partially avoids video memory errors and can create the impression of working stably.

Hi - yes I will report that we need support for UWP games on XBOX Game pass.
Nvidia Geforce Experience can indeed detect and launch those games.
Thanks.

alseu
Challenger

Hello

just my 2 cents..
I've finished Metro Exodus on a pc with a vega 56 flashed with 64 bios and overclocked (core clock+vram) after that, nowhere near your values though due to air clooling.
Epic store client, 1440p resolution, ultra preset, pre 20.x.x drivers were used
i didn't have any major issues or graphical artifacts.

I have a copy of Metro Exodus on Epic Games.
I am able to set up a profile in Adrenalin 2019 GUI with Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2 drivers.
I set Global FRTC to 59, as shown below:
pastedImage_2.png
pastedImage_3.png
pastedImage_4.png

I can now run the game with Radeon Chill. I have to use F11 to turn Chill on and off in the game. Alt+W hotkey does not work with this Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI + Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2. Drivers because Chill hotkey is broken in Adrenalin 2020 with all versions I have tried.

Using Chill in Metro Exodus at 4K Ultra allows me to run the game for longer before texture distortions, freeze & crash.

I note that the reported GPU power consumption in this game at 4K Ultra is 388W.
That explains lots.
Even the AIO cooler on the RX Vega 64 Liquid and fans maxed out cannot keep GPU Temps below 51'C with the HBM2 overclock I am running.

mickeekung
Challenger

Please install 

20.3.1. it may help.

0 Likes

I installed Adrenalin 20.3.1. as soon as the release notes were out and download available.
Checking it out now.

0 Likes