cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lixteris
Adept I

My experience with AMD drivers and 240Hz monitor

Some says 240Hz monitor, in this case Alienware AW2518HF, is overkill, but it's not: Full HD resolution is not so demanding at games and I easily get 140-180 FPS at High settings in CoD: Modern Warfare or Destiny 2. In any case, I see a lot of troubles regarding 240Hz monitors.

As I remember, last year even in one of drivers AMD said, that they know, that some games with 240Hz monitors stutters or lags. After 20.1.3 I saw a lot of improvements: Call of Duty: Modern Wafare was smooth, Destiny 2 sometimes stuttered, but not as bad as before, The Division 2 was working fine with DX12 (not DX11, in that case it's unplayable). I though that 240Hz issues was fixed.

After 20.2.1 optional drivers I saw same behavior as before: stutters in CoD, The Division 2 started to stutter, even crash randomly with DX12, Destiny 2 was fine. 20.2.2 didn't fix any of those problems, so my decision was to roll back to 20.1.3, because, hey - I have RX 5700 XT, it's not that cheap card and I wanted to play my games without stutters.

My question was simple: what was changed between 20.1.3 and 20.2.1 regarding 240Hz monitor use? Drivers are a mess.

0 Likes
0 Replies