AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX 5600 XT crashes and freezes

Question asked by andreas.j on Mar 7, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2020 by swirf

Hi,

So I quite recently bought an RX 5600 XT Pulse, so I don't have a reference point from before the latest driver version (2020.2.2). However even with this version I experience frequent crashes in Windows 10, where my computer freezes up and then reboots, or freezes up and gets stuck until I power down the PC.

My issue has only been happening while playing games, and from the memory dumps I get the below, and given that my system has not had these issues before changing GPU, and the terrible state the RX series was released in I am quite confident the issue is with the GPU drivers.

Would very much like to see the problem fixed, and if I can provide any useful information I will try and help out. It has been happening fairly consistently with short play time, though no obvious in game event that triggers it.

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffdf01013ea460, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff802744c0818, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc0000001, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000003, Optional internal context dependent data.

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffc685ffdd2460, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8003be40818, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc0000001, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000003, Optional internal context dependent data.

Outcomes