cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

enarkrona
Journeyman III

"Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" after upgrading to 20.2.2 when playing League of Legends

I was having black screen issues with League of Legends before, so I updated my drivers to 20.2.2. This was done by using DDU  in safe mode to get rid of my old driver version (19.12.1), then running the WHQL executable to install the new driver.

Now, when I try to play League of Legends, sometimes I get a black screen, then there are strange, flickering lines around the screen, and the game will black screen occasionally. I tried playing with Very High video settings in League and the crashing happens almost every 5 seconds, but when playing on Low, the crashes happen less frequently, but still often enough that my gameplay is severely affected.

One difference I noticed between these crashes and the ones before updating to 20.2.2 is that my Windows notifications provide the error: "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware" and "Application League of Lege has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware".

Extra details:

AMD Graphics Card: 5700XT Sapphire Pulse

Desktop/Laptop: Desktop

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Driver Version: Adrenalin 2020 20.2.2

Display Device(s): LG 27GL850, 2560 x 1440 Primary 144Hz, BenQ XL2411, 1980 x 1080 Secondary

Motherboard: MSI B450 Carbon

CPU/APU: Ryzen 3700X + Wraith Cooler

Power Supply: Corsair RM 650x

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600

Running a dual monitor setup with a Twitch stream open on the second monitor.

All hardware acceleration is disabled on my Firefox browser.

All settings are disabled in the Graphics section of the AMD software, except for Surface Format Optimization.

FreeSync disabled.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
0 Replies