Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dennisstef12
Adept I

OpenGL® API Version Not Available

Hey,
I have a GPU AMD Radeon 520 that should support OpenGL and yet AMD Radeon Settings shows that OpenGL® API Version Not Available.
Can anyone know why this is happening? How to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

GPU 1: AMD Radeon 520
CPU: Intel Core i5-8265U
RAM: 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Radeon Software Version: 20.2.2

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
8 Replies

Is this a laptop?

0 Likes

I'm going to assume this is a laptop...laptops with switchable graphics will use the integrated graphics for OGL applications by default....not the discrete graphics. To get the laptop to use the discrete graphics (AMD 520) you must make the 520 the Primary graphics in the bios. To do that you must change from the "switchable/dynamic,etc" to "fixed/static,etc. Here's a old explanation from HP.

HP Notebook PCs - OpenGL Applications Cannot Use Discrete GPU with Intel + AMD Switchable Graphics |... 

I have a Dell Inspiration 3580 Laptop. The explanation from HP dosen't work for me .

0 Likes

Why doesn't it work for you? It works for all laptops.

There is nothing you can do then, call Dell..let them explain it to you.

0 Likes

I dont't have option to switch. Anyway, thank you!I'll call Dell.

0 Likes

"The 'switchable' function has been removed from the graphics drivers for Win10 starting with the new 'Adrenalin 2020'. The option is now located under  'Display' of your computer...."Graphics'. Have you looked there?

0 Likes

if you solved dyour probleme please tell me how because i have the same probleme as you

0 Likes
BanTdA
Journeyman III

I solved it by connecting the monitor to the graphic by dvi, you should try 

0 Likes