cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

maxrealliti
Adept II

black screen and improper operation of drivers when overclocking RAM on Ryzen processors

Good afternoon, I wonder when the AMD team will solve the problem with drivers for their video cards?

the problem is global and judging by the forum there are enough people,and the essence of the problem lies precisely in overclocking RAM on ryzen processors.when overclocking RAM, you can get a significant increase in applications and games from 10 to 50%,I understand that the AMD command does not understand why the black screen and freezes freeze and the like happen because the drivers are tested on Intel processors with regular overclocking or an xmp profile. 

my system: Ryzen 3800x,Asus Crosshair vi Hero (bios 7704),g.skill f4-3200c14d-32gtzr, Sapphire Vega 64 LC (bios 8774) Samsung c32hg70qqi, Windows 10 x64 2004

the whole essence of the problems it was when overclocking the memory more than once conducted tests,if you keep the memory at a frequency of 2133 SPD then everything works fine without any complaints, but if you set up an XMP profile or manually overclock it using a dram calculator then the system is stable and everything works fine except for the video card drivers they live their lives. the card starts to rise above the declared frequencies the memory of the friezes constantly freezes the black screen and the like, will the code be solved ??

for example, I can make 2 videos that show the incorrect operation of drivers and counters in other drivers and in fact

11/5000
12 Replies

You mentioned that you are using Windows Preview "Windows 10 2004" version.

AMD doesn't support Windows Preview versions. When Windows 10 2004 becomes official then you can open a AMD Service Request if the same problem persists from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form otherwise you are going to have to open a MS Windows Preview Support ticket or Asus Support ticket.

I would open a Asus Support ticket or Live Chat concerning your RAM MEMORY compatibility since Asus hasn't updated its RAM QVL List yet.  That list doesn't show your RAM being listed but it is 3 years old.

0 Likes

differences in versions of windows and the fact that the asus does not support my memory does not have anything to do with the fact that the drivers do not work correctly with any memory overclocking, for example, I can make a video for information reliability to show the effect of memory rakhgon on the stability of AMD drivers, the problem is I described to drivers that the system is stable but the driver is unstable

0 Likes

Yes Windows versions does have everything to do about using AMD Drivers. + AMD doesn't support any Windows Preview version until it becomes official. Once Windows 10 2004 become official then you can complain about the driver being unstable during overclocking the RAM.

So the only options you have besides other Users here at AMD Forum is using MS Windows Preview Support.

But if you don't want to take my word open a AMD Service Request and tell them you are using Windows Preview version. See what they say.

0 Likes

the same thing happened on the version of windows 1909 and here the version of windows if the drivers do not work correctly, not just like that people complain amd looking for reasons and the like write to them what exactly affects all these errors let them pay attention

0 Likes

Okay now you have a legitimate complaint to open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT).

0 Likes

therefore they write here about the basis of the problem that it is the memory overclocking that affects the driver’s malfunction so that the AMD team draws attention to it, the system passes all the tests when overclocking, the mother and the processor pass everything that is needed, but the video driver cannot endure the memory overclocking and since the company tests the driver on the Intel processor and does not significantly overclock the memory, then they are all stable people use AMD processors to buy and drive memory to get a performance gain and this leads to incorrect drivers

0 Likes

by opening a AMD Service  Request ticket you are letting them know of the bug your found concerning overclocked RAM Memory and AMD Drivers.

0 Likes
maxrealliti
Adept II

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-z8kHRtmP8iyWosDQPvexVY_BtPc0wN0 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BR8vHv1DjlzoxsN1i-Y65h9TaZxzp_dC 

added a video with an example one pc some settings only memory overclocking is changing

0 Likes

I am not a gamer, watch both videos and didn't see anything different. Really nice graphics though.

Can you explain the difference between both videos you posted links too?  I know one was running a native Ram speed while the other was running a XMP 3200 Ram speed.

Thanks.

By the way, you can upload those links to AMD Support for them to see once you explain the difference between each videos.

0 Likes

the first video is 1440 screen resolution, 2133 memory look at Gpu-z on the frequency of the video card, setting the card 1750 for the core 1100 for memory average FPS 143-156

the second video is 1440 screen resolution, 3200 memory, look at Gpu-z on the frequency of the video card, tuning the 1750 card according to the core 1100 from memory average FPS 183-192, look at the utility how the memory frequencies jump over the redistribution of the frequency 1750 and this causes the driver to crash and cause in problems with him

0 Likes

Okay, Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully your evidence will be useful to AMD Support when your report it.

0 Likes
accn
Elite

I have a ryzen 2600, ballistix sports lt 3000mhz 16gb (2x8gb kit) and rx 5700 and I can confirm that memory overclocking affects the stability of the video driver, even if the memory itself passes any stress tests without errors, I get random black screens

0 Likes