cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mats_brony
Journeyman III

Critical PC shutdown when connecting 3 monitors

I have 3 monitors. The best AOC 2281W with HDMI connection, an additional Acer P205H monitor with an adapter from VGA to HDMI, and another one is the LG FLATRON L1952HQ with an adapter from VGA to DVI
I decided to install three monitors. When three monitors are connected at once, while the computer is running, after a minute the system operation is terminated urgently (all monitors are turned off) and only the PC (cooler, video card, backlight) is working. If you connect all the monitors at once, and then turn on the PC, then everything works for 2-3 minutes. I have to turn off the PC by pressing the power button
And it doesn’t matter which last monitor to connect. Although ACER, even though LG happens all the same. Moreover, if you connect any second monitor to the primary (AOC), it works fine. The error occurs only after connecting the third
Although, sometimes it turned out that all 3 monitors worked stably for a while. Whether when I went into setting the display layouts
All monitors are included in the sapphire RX 590 nitro + graphics card
Processor: Ryzen 5 1600
Mother: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M
8 gigs of operatives
Windows 10
Computer Power Supply: strike-x 500W
The assembly is completely new and 3 months have passed (except for the RAM and the PC power supply, they are old), everything is clean without dust

P.s thank google translator

0 Likes
5 Replies

According to this website: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX  you have an Underpowered PSU for your RX 590 GPU Card.

But at Sapphire website concerning your RX 590 it states it needs a minimum PSU of 500 Watts:https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-rx-590-8g-g5-oc_c 

Since the computer is shutting down it could be due either not enough Power being supplied or something is Overheating.

You mentioned that the PSU is old, so it might not be outputting it maximum power any more.

Download a free program called OCCT and run the PSU Stress test. If the computer shuts down while running the test it could  indicate an Underpowered PSU. You can check the PSU Outputs and hardware Temperatures while running the test. The PSU outputs should be within (-/+) 5% tolerances. Keep an eye especially on the 12 Vdc and 5 Vdc outputs.

I bought a new PSU: Thermaltake ATX 750W Toughpower iRGB Plus 80+ gold
But the problem is still there

0 Likes

Are the DVI-D>VGA and HDMI>VGA  "ACTIVE"  adapters?

The VGA Adapter must be the "Active" type for those two monitors to work correctly.

An "Active" adapter converts the GPU output of DVI-D or HDMI signals to VGA signal BEFORE it reaches the Monitors.

Also look in Windows Event Viewer under "errors" and see if you see anything related to the video causing the crashing.

Use a Hardware Monitoring program and see if anything is overheating when you connect all 3 monitors.

The computer shouldn't crash and shut down when connecting 3 Monitors unless it was a Power or Overheating issue. Most of the time what happens is one or more monitors loses it video but at least one or two are still working.

I suggest you open an Online AMD Service Request (Official AMD Support) and see if the GPU card might be at fault from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

With the 750 Gold PSU you can feel comfortable that you can upgrade your computer hardware in the future without any power issues.

0 Likes

Yes, active

No Useful Errors in Windows Event Viewer

Programs do not indicate a failure

Nothing overheats
---------------------------------------------------
But I found one useful information:
Also, 2 indicators on the motherboard flash: CPU and DRAM (see video). And it is audible that when the CPU indicator starts to light up, the processor cooler is just about to spin up (click)
Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Acc-HJ6pfLHyVCMLIS40YkdL6SDRnALo 

0 Likes

Open a Gigabyte Support ticket and see if your motherboard needs to be RMAed. To be Sent back for a replacement or to be checked.

I read one thread where it was a short on the motherboard causing those two lights to blink and another was due to the CPU fan not working correctly when power was applied

This SuperUser Tech thread has a similar problem as you do with the same motherboard. It has some good tips on how to find out which hardware is defective: hardware failure - Red light on Motherboard indicating CPU and DRAM problems - Super User 

The CPU Fan should always be running as soon as power is applied. If the CPU fan stops for any reason, the CPU will overheat and shut down the computer.

0 Likes