Build parts:

ASUS Prime X570 Pro mobo

ASUS GeForce GTX 1050Ti

AMD 5 2600 CPU

8 GB Ballistix RAM

EVGA 500BR PSU

Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Samsung SSH224 DVD

All of the above parts are new. This is one of many builds I've done over 20 + years.

The computer won't start. I can't load Windows 10 Pro. I cannot enter the UEFI BIOS.

The start sticks at this screen, photo included.

Here is the pertinent info:

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting.

When RAID configuration was built, ensure to set SATA Configuration to RAID mode.

Press F! to Run SETUP

Unfortunately, it will not respond to pressing F! or F2 for that matter. It is stuck.

I've had the mobo back at ASUS 3 times, 2 of which they tested the mobo finding nothing and the third time - after 5 months - exchanging the board.

I installed it hit the power button and nothing.

So, now I'm thinking it may be a defective CPU or a bad Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 drive.

I've tried different memory, different video cards, tested the PSU thoroughly with a meter, did not exchange or swap out, it's good, and am consulting help forums.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Does anyone have any advice?

I'm broke with no credit cards and hoping you all can help me get unscrewed. :-)

TIA,

Dave

0 Likes
4 Replies

When you turn on power to the computer are there any motherboard Trouble LED or Digital Codes lit up?  Do you hear any abnormal BEEPS when booting up?

Do the Fans turn on or is everything dead as though there is no power to the Motherboard?

Best way to check your CPU is by installing it on another compatible motherboard and see if it boots up. If it does the same thing it is a strong indication it is a defective CPU.

I suggest you open an Online AMD Warranty Request form and see if AMD believes the CPU is defective and should be RMAed from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

0 Likes

If you disconnect both of your drives then try entering your BIOS so that you can change your RAID settings.

You don't need a drive connected in order to access the BIOS.

Andy

0 Likes

To one and all, thanks for your input.

I finally discovered that all my trouble was due to a keyboard. I took the box/tower to a computer shop, they plugged in their keyboard and mouse and everything worked just fine. I knew immediately that it was a bad keyboard, that naturally worked just fine before, and plugged in another.

The computer would not light up without a proper response when POSTing.

Everything started up fine and I installed Windows 10 and have been enjoying the latest and greatest of New Techonologies.

It's cool.

0 Likes
qbtheslayer
Challenger

Wow...  just goes to show that even the best of troubleshooting measures can sometimes fall short.  Think about this particular example, how many people actually have more than one keyboard?  If I was in this situation I am pretty sure I would be taking the rig to a shop or returning it all for a refund...  And I consider myself a superior troubleshooter who has always been able to solve my own problems.  Glad you got it sorted.

QB

0 Likes