I recently added a TV to my setup and it is connected via HDMI. Everything works as intended as long as the TV is taking input from the PC. If I change source on the TV or turn it off however, after a seemingly random duration, the rest of the PC shows some remarkable behaviour.
My steps to reproduce the problem:
* Connect both monitors and the TV to the graphics card.
* Start the PC and both monitors.
* Start the TV. It is recognized by windows and desktop gets extended to it.
* Turn the TV off. It stays on the Display settings UI in windows and desktop stays extended to it. I think this is normal?
* Keep using the PC for a few minutes. Problem occurs.
* Cursor resets to the middle of the main display every two seconds.
* Both monitors flicker intensively.
* System becomes extremely unresponsive. Alt tabbing takes 10+ seconds.
* Audio stutters every few seconds.
The problem persists until the HDMI cable connected to the TV is unplugged or the Radeon software crashes. Relaunching this program with the cable still connected immediately resumes the issues.
My main monitor is connected via Display Port. The second monitor and the TV are both on HDMI. Drivers for the GPU and both monitors were installed today. I'd be extremely grateful for any leads to solving this issue without needing to physically remove components every day, since I think this is a perfectly reasonable use-case.
GPU - Radeon RX 590 Series - Primary/Discrete
Software Version - 2020.0117.1506.27190
Driver Version - 19.50.15.01-200117a1-351300C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 184.108.40.2064
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01432
OpenGL® Version - 26.20.11000.13586
AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.12
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.127
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.2.131
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor - 8 Cores