cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

chuckbuck1
Adept II

My question is this on the Ryzen 7 2700 that i have which is on a ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming what is causing it to freeze up for anywhere between 5 secs to 15 secs at a time when using any browser the BIOS is up to date as is the drivers on everrything the C

My question is this on the Ryzen 7 2700 that i have which is on a ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming what is causing it to freeze up for anywhere between 5 secs to 15 secs at a time when using any browser the BIOS is up to date as is the drivers on everything the CPU, MB, RAM, Graphics card are all right at a year old I have asked this question to AMD Support a couple of TIMES and got no response I have even asked ASUS the same question and all I continually get from them is to send them my only computer at my cost when everything is still under warranty I have also been told that it is something that was built into the CPU causing it when there is a voltage drop any help would by greatly appreciated this is also now happening when play World of Warcraft or any of the other games that i play

0 Likes
4 Replies
chuckbuck1
Adept II

this is for the person or persons that sent me the email from hear on things to try in correcting the problem that is is question.

Okay I have done everything that the person who sent this to me has said to do up to and including a clean install of windows 10 which is on a 256gig ssd. all hard drives 2 od which are SSD one mechanical are working exactly how they are meant to be with no errors everything is functioning without any errors showing up on the test that you said to preform, there was one error on the SFC /scannow which it did fix when ran and with all of this being done and the stress test being done ( no overheating indicated ) it is still doing exactly what i described in the question that i have asked. Also I forgot to state that i had paid the tech who built the computer for me to run the same exact test that you have had me do and with searching the internet both he and I found that WHEN AMD   made the Ryzen 7 2700 built something into it that when a voltage drop happens this causes the freezing up of the system. every test that has been run on this computer show that there is no voltage drop what so ever and I know for a fact that the PSU is more than enough to handle everything in this computer as it's a Corsair CX850m 850watt I would really like to know what to do to correct the problem that is still happening
Thank you for your time and input on this
Charles W Buck
On Friday, February 28, 2020, 1:22:36 PM PST, elstaci <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

Community

Re: My question is this on the Ryzen 7 2700 that i have which is on a ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming what is causing it to freeze up for anywhere between 5 secs to 15 secs at a time when using any browser the BIOS is up to date as is the drivers on everrything t

in Processors

Run SFC /scannow in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell to make sure Windows is not missing any files or is not corrupted.

Check your C: drive or all connected HDD/SSDs with CHKDSK  /f/r/x . Sometimes if a hard drive has bad sectors it will stall the computer trying to access the bad sector of the drive.

As an example, I had a bad HDD with bad sectors (one of five internal HDD on my motherboard). It will freeze my computer for several seconds or more constantly. All the time my HDD LED on solid on my computer case which is indicating a HDD is being access continuously.

Try running OCCT (free)  CPU, GPU, & PSU Stress test and see if all passes without errors or shutting down or overheating.

Also run MEMTEST86 to check your RAM sticks to make sure none are defective.

All of the above is to eliminate defective hardware or hardware that might be going bad.

My reasoning for checking hardware is since you have all drivers updated including BIOS/UEFI & CHIPSETs unless it is a virus or malware it could be indicating a failing hardware.

Try running your computer on a Windows Clean desktop. This will eliminate any 3rd party drivers or software that may be causing the issue. Here is how to boot into a Windows Clean Desktop: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows 

If all passes, then try doing a Ingrade Install of Windows 10 by running the Windows 10 Installation package. Installing the same version of Windows you now have but with a new Windows folder and all your 3rd party apps and configuration intact.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

1. Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).
  2. Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.
  3. Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.
0 Likes

Then I suggest you open a Online AMD Service Request from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

See if they believe you processor needs to be RMAed or offer some other advice on how to fix your intermittent freezing.

0 Likes

PLEASE REREAD THIS AND I WILL PUT IN CAPS SOMETHING I STATED IN THE QUESTION  that you obviously did not read or purposely did not see My question is this on the Ryzen 7 2700 that i have which is on a ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming what is causing it to freeze up for anywhere between 5 secs to 15 secs at a time when using any browser the BIOS is up to date as is the drivers on everything the CPU, MB, RAM, Graphics card are all right at a year old I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION TO AMD SEVERAL TIMES AND HAVE GOTTEN NO RESPONSE, I HAVE EVEN ASKED ASUS SUPPORT THE  SAME QUESTION AND ALL I CONTINUALLY GET FROM ASUS IS TO SEND THEM MY ONLY COMPUTER AT MY COST  when everything is still under warranty I have also been told that it is something that was built into the CPU causing it when there is a voltage drop any help would by greatly appreciated this is also now happening when play World of Warcraft or any of the other games that i play

now do you sir or ma'am understand why I'm so frustrated and this is very frustrating

0 Likes

Okay, Sorry I must have either missed it or misunderstood your reply.

take care.

0 Likes