cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

temporaryinternetuser
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G Vega 11 Graphics on ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3 sends no signal to display

Hi,
My H/W list is as follow:

• Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G (Picasso)

• RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D30AESB

• M.2: Crucial P1 1000GB NVMe M.2 SOLID STATE DRIVE

• CPU Fan: Noctua NH-L9i L-Type Low-Profile Cooler

• Display 1: ASUS VE228 through HDMI

• Display 2: Wacom Cintiq 16 through HDMI to DisplayPort 1080P adapter

• Keyboard: Generic keyboard (eMachines) via PS/2 port + Trust wireless keyboard (w/ integrated mouse)

I installed Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS on the machine and here are the issues I have on Windows 10:

• When I install the VGA drivers shipped with the motherboard CD the ASUS VE228 (Display 1) loses the video signal and goes to sleep mode.

• After I re-installed Windows 10 and install every shipped drivers except the VGA drivers (for some reason Windows device managers shows me there are devices whose drivers are not installed. e.g. SMBus, PCI device, etc.). Everything seemed OK but after a while, if I have my headset connected, I can hear the Windows sound for a device that is either connected or disconnected (the sound you hear when you connect or disconnect a USB device) and the ASUS VE228 (Display 1) loses the video signal and goes to sleep mode.

• After I re-installed Windows 10; when I try to install AMD's Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition (The latest Radeon Software and Drivers) the ASUS VE228 (Display 1) loses the video signal and goes to sleep mode.

Basically I tried everything I could think of and it always ends with the display losing signal. BTW the other display (Wacom Cintiq 16 connected to DisplayPort through HDMI) doesn't display anything right of the bat (never ever ever display anything) I get a no signal from when I boot the computer to when I shut it down (which is another issue).

My issues with Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS:

When I installed the drivers I get this:

WARNING: nomodeset detected in kernel parameters, amdgpu requires KMS
WARNING: amdgpu dkms failed for running kernel

I'm not too worry about those (maybe I should be).

But when I play a video on SMPlayer I get this among other things:

[vo/opengl] GLX not found.

amdgpu_device_initialize: amdgpu_get_auth (1) failed (-1)

So I'm guessing I have some opengl issues related to the GPU.

Sincerely,

SOULE Nassurdine

0 Likes
0 Replies