AnsweredAssumed Answered

amd 2700x over heating & spiking

Question asked by dw97 on Feb 23, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2020 by dw97

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU. When idle the CPU is running at 50c+ which in my opinion is way too hot to be idle. When playing any games the CPU spikes and causes freezing. I checked temperatures and noticed the CPU reading (from AMD Ryzen Master) say 71c+ sometimes up to 75 degrees celsius!

I've tried re-applying thermal paste. Adding better exhaust fans at the top of my case. I just bought my case and put everything together so there is no dust. I really need help understanding why I am getting these temperatures. I can't play anything or do any strenuous task.

BUILD

CPU ^

MSI B450 Tomahawk

G.Skill 32GB 3200mhz

MSI Radeon RX 5700xt

EVGA supernova 750 G+

CASE: Phanteks P400a stock fans w/ 3 exhaust (top/rear) 2/ 140mm fans at the top.

I have a video of me playing BF4 and having my PC beep and stutter. So I painted the CPU and GPU graph on-screen and notice the CPU spiking way off the screen. The temperatures were also alarming. Task manager said that only 35% of my CPU was being used. I am really confused about this.

UPDATE: The volts are really hight 1.45 and while gaming some cores rise and drop rapidly.

Attachments

Outcomes