cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Ryzen 3000 RIG "almost completely freezes" for 10-15 min randomly

Hello Guys,

i have a rather odd problem with my new PC and i just cant explain myself why its happening.

Since i couldnt relate the problem to a specific application and the behaviour sounds like its related to the CPU i am asking here for help.

My PC almost "freezes" 2-3 times per week on random occasions(gaming, browsing or netflix) for about 10-15 and after that it is working fine again. First i hard reseted but now i just go and make me some food or tea and when i come back everything is normal again.

By "freezing" i mean that the PC gets down to about a frame every 30 sec and it is still controlable. Its like the CPU is throtteling to 10 Mhz if you know what i mean.

My System Specs:

Windows 10 Education

Ryzen 3600

Asus X570 Strix-E

32 GB of 3200 CL14

RTX 2070

5 Harddrives (nvme,hdd, ssd)

9 Replies

Sorry to hear that. I have the same processor and GPU, but mine is running on a MSI B450 Tomahawk. I am having zero issues. I think if you are not already doing so, update to the latest bios and chipset drivers. If that doesn't help I would talk to Asus Support. 

You might try setting the PCI express lane to be 3.0 instead of auto too and see if that helps. Many users have said this helps. 

the latest GeForce drivers are a tad borked, have you tried the hotfix yet?

hardcoregames™‌No I haven't tried the hot fix yet but I will. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the freeze so I just gonna see the next couple days if that fixes it for me. If not I try the pci method 

pokester‌ do you have maybe links that the threads that mention their problems and the fix with the PCI settings 

0 Likes

predestruction wrote:

hardcoregames™No I haven't tried the hot fix yet but I will. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the freeze so I just gonna see the next couple days if that fixes it for me. If not I try the pci method 

pokester do you have maybe links that the threads that mention their problems and the fix with the PCI settings 

What PSU are you using? Some models are more flakey than others.

0 Likes

I am using a Seasonic Focus plus gold. 

As far as i know its a pretty solid PSU

predestruction wrote:

I am using a Seasonic Focus plus gold. 

As far as i know its a pretty solid PSU

As long as the PSU is about 600W or better you should be fine

A Seasonic Gold should be good.

0 Likes

I have just read this several times in the past. Sorry I don't have links. It is easy to set in the bios. If it helps keep it. If not you can just as easily switch back to auto. As you actually have a PCIe 4 card. You might try forcing 4.0 compatibility, then if that does not help, then 3.0. Se if one of them forced helps the stability. 

0 Likes

If you looked in the (correct) forum, Drivers & Software , you would find tons of similar/exact issues. And get the same answers

WELCOME TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM

Use this space to post questions and discussions related to AMD that do not fit into the other forums.

For example; game promotions, benchmark scores, etc.

Do not post questions concerning drivers, graphics, processors,etc.

More responses will be had if you post in the correct forum with similar issues.

Drivers & Software 

Graphics 

Processors 

AMD Help and FAQ:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/driverhelp