System crash/lock with reboot on my window 10 PC.
My PC-system is a dual boot between:
- macOS Catalina version 10.15.3 (vanilla installation)
- Windows 10 version 1909
- Intel i7 4,2 GHz
- ASUS Ranger VIII bios 3802
- ASUS Radeon RX5700 8GB
- Kingston 32GB ram
- Dell P2715Q
My macOS Catalina system is running extremely stable. I have not had any faults whatsoever. I have had the machine running for a week, without turning it off. No lock up, no reboots.
But my windows 10, on exactly the same hardware, is random locking and rebooting, even when the machine is standing idle by itself. I have not installed any games. I have tried a lot of all the good advise on all forums, but it just keep on random rebooting.
- Turning ULPS off
- Turning HDCP off
- Changing cables
- Using HDMI or DP
- Installing only drivers via “Device Manager”
- Trying all different driver versions (with clean-up between)
- Turning down max clock
- Always with low temperatures
- No gaming
- New clean windows 10 installation
This always gives me the same result, just random lock up with rebooting of my windows 10 machine.
But as my macOS installation runs extremely stable, I’m pretty sure it is the AMD Radeon windows drivers that need some attention and soon.