cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

esper
Journeyman III

5700xt black screen / HD audio driver fix

Long story short: Had rx480, upgraded to 5700xt, now my PC is unstable.

Watching youtube makes it stutter then crash to black with the sound still playing. Games are also unstable.

Finally after lots of troubleshooting (googling, reinstalling drivers, clean driver install, FULL CLEAN WINDOWS INSTALL) I narrowed it down to the HD audio driver.

So I switched to not using it. Have to use headphones, but whatever.

Still the HD driver even when not in use borks my PC. Had to disable it in device manager.

My point in making this post is to inform AMD users of this issue and possible fix and to request the Driver team to have a way to disable the installation of the driver. Because every time you install the catalyst driver it also re-enables the HD audio. Which means on restart my pc crashes and I have to go to Device Manager again to disable it.

Seriously, I've had this card for just under a month now and I am really considering returning this and switching cards.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback and suggested workaround for the issue. We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
esper
Journeyman III

Had to disable Hardware acceleration for both Firefox and Google as it was giving me problems...

You're making it really hard to be a fan, AMD.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback and suggested workaround for the issue. We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

0 Likes

I‘d love to know how I can install just the graphics driver without the audio driver. Dxgkrnl.sys (which indicates to GPU/audio driver) causes high DPC latency and creates audio stutter and dropouts. The original post has been deleted. Please help me. 

0 Likes