Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dilacerated
Adept II

Bug Check 0x17E: MICROCODE_REVISION_MISMATCH coming out of hibernation/sleep

2020-02-22 12_52_45-Event Properties - Event 1001, BugCheck.png

This began after recent Windows updates on February 16th.  Per Microsoft:

The MICROCODE_REVISION_MISMATCH bug check has a value of 0x0000017E. It indicates that one or more processors in the multiprocessor configuration have inconsistent microcode loaded.

Cause

One or more processors in the multiprocessor configuration have inconsistent microcode loaded. This bugcheck indicates that faulty system firmware has mistakenly applied a microcode update to only a subset of processors in the host configuration. System firmware must apply microcode updates to all processors in a uniform fashion.

When this occurs the system behaves like it is waking up from hibernation or sleep (whichever I have chosen) and the system then behaves like it has been forcibly put back to sleep.  Power light is flashing as if the system is in sleep but the machine will not wake unless power is pressed at which point the system comes on but anything left open has been lost.

System is stable as a rock otherwise as it has been since being built over two years ago.  Runs through CPU benchmarks without issue..  I don't have the recent update that seems to have caused problems for many (KB4524244).  I did, however, have KB4532693, KB4537759, and KB4538674 installed on that day.

Anyone else having this issue?  I know the latest go of Windows updates has been particularly problematic for some Ryzen users but Googling around I've not come up with this outcome being encountered by anyone else.

System specs:

• ASRock AB350 Pro4 running BIOS release 4.90 (PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.2 Patch A)
  • Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8 GHz (cooled by a Noctua NH-D15 configured with three NF-A15 PWM 140mm fans)
  • 16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 (CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16 - Samsung B-die)
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
  • OCZ Vector 180 480GB SATA III MLC SSD
  • Windows 10 Professional x64 1909 (Version 10.0.18363.657)
0 Likes
1 Solution
dilacerated
Adept II

Updated to the last PinnaclePI-AM4 release (5.40 / AGESA 1.0.0.6) for this motherboard before the AGESA Combo-AM4 releases.  So far I have not had this issue occur with such after a handful hibernation/sleep cycles.  Will keep cycling the system through S3 and S4 and if I don't see this occur again after a few days I'll report back.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
dilacerated
Adept II

Updated to the last PinnaclePI-AM4 release (5.40 / AGESA 1.0.0.6) for this motherboard before the AGESA Combo-AM4 releases.  So far I have not had this issue occur with such after a handful hibernation/sleep cycles.  Will keep cycling the system through S3 and S4 and if I don't see this occur again after a few days I'll report back.

0 Likes
dilacerated
Adept II

Issue appears resolved.  Hope the solution helps someone else out there.

0 Likes