cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

danisdgk
Journeyman III

R9 270 locked to base clocks

I tried overclocking my R9 270 today and neither Radeon Software or MSI Afterburner works, the GPU doesn't even boost to 925MHz like it's supposed to, it just stays at 900. I've seen others have problems with the clocks resetting every time they restart, but in my case, when I hit apply, the OC doesn't even apply and the clocks stay at the base clockspeed.

I could overclock just fine before, and I had it overclocked to 1050MHz core clock and 1500MHz memory clock, but today it just stopped working randomly.

The utilities I've tried:
MSI Afterburner 4.6.2

Radeon Software 2020.2.1

Things I've tried:
Reinstalling MSI Afterburner

Reinstalling GPU drivers

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.1

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3

Anybody know of a way to fix this?

Edit: I believe I have found what caused this. It seems it was Wallpaper Engine all along, because the problem was fixed after I closed Wallpaper Engine.

0 Likes
3 Replies
bobalazs
Elite

Just out of curiousity which exact brand and type of r9 270 are you using? Most of them i know are already dead by now.

On topic:

Did you try to remove msi ab if that has anything to do with it? Or DDU in safe mode and reinstall driver?

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

The basic AMD one, and yes, I tried both after posting this question. Reinstalling the same driver didn't help, but I installed 19.7.5 and it worked for a while and stopped working just before I checked the post again because the problem returned.

0 Likes
assiduous
Adept III

Sounds like you have encountered the UVD bug... https://community.amd.com/thread/208177 

0 Likes