Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lupen
Journeyman III

R7 M440 shows up as R7 M340 at new drivers

Hello,

I have A8-7410 APU with R5 graphics and R7 M440 as the discrete card.

My manufacturer website (HP) gives download to 2017 drivers (17.1.1) which is quite old and where additional settings are replaced with a "go to amd.com" button instead opening it. 

Installing old drivers don't cause issues (before 17.1.1) etc. but after 17.1.1 it shows up as R7 M340 with it's specs and quite lower performance on the software -ultra laggy radeon settings- and I believe lower than the normal performance at games. Some settings are really broken or perform poorly, can't find switchable graphics for specific applications anywhere, auto-switches between graphics are really bad it almost doesn't use the discrete, anti-lag decreases lots of fps with almost no improve on the input lag, gpu scaling doesn't work and I can't play anything stretched (the fix was selecting None on the game's settings and enabling gpu scaling on display which you guys removed after 2020 drivers). Pretty low performance, no new settings, no color changing or anything on old drivers. 

Specs:

Operating System:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU:
AMD A8-7410
Mullins 28nm Technology
RAM:
8,00GB Single Channel DDR3
Motherboard
HP 82F7 (Socket FT1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (HP)
4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 M440 (HP)
CrossFire Disabled
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000LM014-1EJ164-SSHD (SATA)

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but all HP threads are useless and redirect to their drivers which was last updated on 2017.

If I made any mistakes, apologizes.

Note: Please do not say "The low performance is because you're low end." because I know that and that's not my problem as much you can see above, I'm trying to get higher than that low performance by those hopefully.

0 Likes
1 Reply

The thing is HP flipping sucks and the problem is Switchable Graphics don't work unless ur OS is Win7 I guess...

0 Likes