cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

reversal8806
Adept I

Powercolor RX 5600 XT Red Devil black screen

Hello guys,my new RX 5600 XT is randomly get a black screen and the whole system freezes when in use or idle,I have to force shut it off every time it happens.

• Operating System
    • Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903
  • Driver version installed
    • E.g. Radeon Software 20.2.1
  • Display Devices
    • LG 34UC79G-B,DP in use, 2560x1080 @144hz FreeSync through DP
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ASROCK AB350 Gaming K4
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Super Flower 650W  Leadex II gold
  • RAM
    • 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 2400

Please Help!

13 Replies
darkio
Adept I

Have you updated the bios? Did you flash both OC and Silent bios?

My updated flashed OC bios refuses to work with black/green screen frezes here and there, looks like the same driver issues as the 5700XT cards have..

On the other hand, in silent mode with stock bios it runs fine without any issues so far, with the latest drivers.

0 Likes

Hi,yes I did flash both bios. Maybe I should reflash back to stock bios?

0 Likes

I would try it, at least one of the bioses I would flash to stock. As it is now the silent bios stock is still working OK for me, whenever I do get crashes now it seems to be due to the amd driver. 

0 Likes
accn
Elite

Since the rx 5600 xt is built on the same chip as the rx 5700 (xt), you are experiencing the same problems, we are all waiting for AMD to fix this issues.

How about 5500xt? Is it on the same chip as 5600xt and 5700xt?

0 Likes
flamedb
Adept I

Also the red devil rx 5600 xt here. Had black screens all the time with the updated bios (performance). Only thing that helped was flashing back to the original bios.

Does this mean some rx 5600 xt's aren't stable at the higher clocks from the new bios? Means we should RMA our card, right? Or is it still a driver issue?

0 Likes

Have you tried the latest OC bios? They released one a few days back that seems to be more stable for me! Also the latest amd drivers helped me alot with the black screen issues

0 Likes

Hi I flashed back to stock bios,so far no black screens or BSOD, it's been 24 hours I think. Do you still experience black screens with the latest bios?

0 Likes

Zero so far, but i havent used it more than a few hours (15-20h) and i use this card mainly for streaming so.. i have not tried any games. Before the latest bios i ran Furmark and it would crash 2/3 times, with the latest bios ive had 0 crashes in the 6 Furmark tests i did the other day. 
Here are my score if you wanna compare also, Furmark Preset FHD 1080p tests

Silent bios (stock 12gbps bios)
5633pts

OC bios (updated with early February bios)
6384pts

OC bios with Fan locked at 85% (updated with early February bios)
6450pts

OC bios with default fan curve (updated with latest February bios 2020/02/27)
6596pts 

that's really good news,I will flash the latest bios as soon as I get home, thank you for letting us know !

To clarify im also using the 20.2.2 driver.

0 Likes

Hey, that's a good catch, seems the red devil OC bios was updated 27/02/2020. The bios I had was from before that, so will try that one when I get home!

0 Likes

I got a message from the moderators in the devilclub forum, otherwise i would probably have missed it too  

0 Likes