cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

filipe1607
Adept I

AMD software doesn't open after open a fullscreen game or application

It just doesn't open anymore. It opens after restart PC. Apparently everything works fine with graphics, just the software doesn't open.

pastedImage_1.png

I just tried to disable fullscreen optimization, that worked a while. But nothing can help with this, I disabled radeon overlay, nothing helps.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Can you give your complete system specs please? Driver version, Windows version, Graphics card model and other hardware specs etc......

Not sure how to help without this required information. 

0 Likes

Apparently It's a freesync bug. When I disable FS everything works fine, even the software that doens't open before, now open.

My config: Ryzen 3 2200g, Rx 570 powercolor 4gb, 16gb ram 2733mhz, CX450w, HDD 2TB 7200RPM, SSD Sata Kingston 128GB.

Windows 10 64B Pro ver 1909. Latest amd driver installed, currently: 20.2.1.

My monitor: Samsung 24" Curve, model number: C24F390.

Hope you can help me.

Sorry but if disabling Free Sync then allows the software to open, then it sounds like a bug to me. I would report it to AMD: 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

In my test. The software wasn't opening. I opened my monitor settings, disabled freesync and enable again, and software worked again. The interesting part is that the software didn't crashed anymore with fullscreen apps.