cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

kahtoeme
Adept I

Why does ProRender make Blender crash every time?

Upon installing the Blender plugin, ProRender seems to make Blender crash before even reaching the splash screen.  Every time I attempt to open Blender again, it crashes.  In the python window, I receive this error message:  Cannot allocate memory for buffer, VkResult=-2.  On the one occasion I was able to open Blender and tried to activate the add-on from the preferences window, Blender crashed completely once I click the tick box.  Is there anyway to fix this?  Is this a hardware issue?  I've never had a problem with a Blender plugin before.

Also, is there a reason why when I try to reinstall it, The ProRender installation window seems to just hang there?

0 Likes
5 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

Thank you for reporting. Can you please provide me some information regarding your system.
1.What CPU / GPU do you currently use?
2.What OS are u currently running ?
3.What version of blender are you using ?
4.What version of the plugin does this issue occur?

0 Likes

Hi David,

Thank you for replying so quickly.

(OS Build 18362.657)

CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti

RAM: 32.0GB

I'm using Blender 2.80 but I've had the same results with version 2.82 as well.
I've downloaded the most recent build of the ProRender plugin 2.3 for Blender 2.80, 2.81 and 2.82.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for this information. i will report this issue to the developers. currently im having a hard time reproducing this. here are a few things you can try on your end though.

1.Check for any windows update
2.Make sure GPU drivers are currently up to date.
3.Reinstall Plugin and Blender

0 Likes

Hi,

I am currently speaking with the developer working on this issue. he provided me some steps we can try as a work around for now. 

1. open config.py in plugin folder (usually it is %AppData%\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\rprblender)

2.change line enable_hybrid = True to enable_hybrid = False

0 Likes

Hi David,

I did what you said and uninstalled and reinstalled Blender and ProRender, I've upgraded my GPU Driver which wasn't up to date and ProRender seems to be working now!  I appreciate all of your support and patience with me.  Thank you very much and I look forward to trying this plugin out.  Thanks again!