cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

guillaumed
Journeyman III

PC crashing and reboot during high detail 3D games (no BSOD)

Hey everyone. I'm coming here hoping I can find someone who can help me

Ok so I've had this computer for quite a while now, and I've upgraded it a little bit over the years but it was only a bit more RAM, changed failing HDD, got different CPU fans and got a new PSU because my first one failed me. And right now, for test purposes, I've been only using my 2 x 4GB RAM instead of that plus 2 x 2 GB.

My problem is, as far as I can remember, my computer crashes (or jsut the game itself) when I play games that are resource intensive. With Apex Legends, I'd get a memory error and I'd crash to desktop instead. But with most games, my computer just shuts down and reboots. I don't get any dmp files or blue screeen.

So, I have done different tests. I've tried memtest86+ without and I had no problems.
I just did all 11 tests last night.

I also tried different benchmark/stress test software like unigine software without a problem.

I tried OCCT and, with the PSU test, I don't get crashes but if I do the OCCT CPU test, I get a crash pretty quickly

I've been trying to find a way to interpret those tests but I haven't really found any
answers online other than that my build isn't stable. So that wasn't really helpful.

It's not GPU drivers issues.

Unfortunately I have no spare parts to try swapping.

I have monitored CPU and GPU temperature. No problem on that side, I double checked the part specs too. I was checking voltages as well and they didn't seem problematic, but I guess I could've missed something idk, I read those readings can be off as well and that it's better to check them with a multi-meter but I'd rather not waste my time with that unless I have to

For voltage, I've found someone saying it should be within those ranges. IDK if anyone can confirm this.
+3.3VDC +3.135 VDC +3.465 VDC
+5VDC +4.750 VDC +5.250 VDC
-5VDC -4.500 VDC -5.500 VDC
+12VDC +11.400 VD +12.600 VD
-12VDC -10.800 VDC -13.200 VDC
+5VSB +4.750 VDC +5.250 VDC

My Specs
-
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev 1.2
CPU: AMD FX-6300 6 cores, ~3.5Ghz
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL
GPU: Galaxy 56NGH6HS4IVZ GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB Battlefield 3 Edition 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-650, 650W 80+ Gold
HDD: 2 x 7200 RPM 3.5"
Running Windows 7

I've checked on NewEgg's PSU calculator ang I get like 380 Watts, well below my 650W PSU
thanks a lot!
0 Likes
2 Replies
guillaumed
Journeyman III

I've done a 3D test with OCCT for about 20 minutes and, while it did not cause a crash, the test reported 74 errors.

0 Likes

a big part of the problem is using windows 7 which is now unsupported

install windows 10 and most problems should be eliminated

I can help with any remaining ones with the latest version of windows 10, version 1909

0 Likes