AnsweredAssumed Answered

LENOVO G51-35 Model 80M8 - SCREEN GOES BLACK AS SOON AS I INSTALL AMD DISPLAY DRIVERS

Question asked by venom_16 on Feb 17, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2020 by kingfish

HELLO GUYS, after 8 days of trying everything i can think of and from other forums, here i am with my AMD scene, 

My laptop is LENOVO G51-35 ,Model- 80M8

AMD A6 7310 APU with R4 graphics 

500GB HDD, 4GB RAM, and 2GB RADEON R5-M330

WINDOWS 8.1 PRO 64bit.

I purchased this laptop at a very cheap price, No Drivers DVD or anything but bill.

So I did a clean install of win8.1 pro(formatted whole hard disk)

and it was working fine with ' MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER', so to play some games i tried to install the display driver of AMD A6 R4 graphics, but in between the installation my screen goes black and PC reboot again and again untill i go for Safe mode to uninstall the drivers with DDU.

I have tried Display drivers from manufacturer's website, same problem. tried Crimson 17.7.1, 16.12.2, 16.12.1 16.1.1 no luck. I changed my OS to Windows 10 and tried Adrenalin 20.1.4, and many more editions but nothing worked. 

and in some case if i was able to install the driver, it soon gave BSOD when i try to open DxDiag or GpuZ.

My pc works completely fine if i change to integrated gpu (R4) from BIOS, But when i switch to DISCRETE, this problem happens, PLEASEEEEEE HELP ME GUYS, 

Thannks in advance for your helping efforts.

kingfish 

Outcomes