cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

berube
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo | Not detected by ADOBE Photoshop - Graphic Processor

Hello everyone,

I'm on the new Mac Pro 2019 here and Adobe Photoshop can't seem to detect or understand my graphic processors.

I looked for a driver update and such but the Cards wont come up in the drop down driver list.

Any leads on this could really help!

Thanks!

-Berube

www.johnberube.com

7 Replies

Not sure why it is not being recognized. Do you have your preferences set in Photoshop to use the GPU? I would assume you do but worth looking at to make sure. Should look like this:

If that doe not help I would strongly suggest asking APPLE SUPPORT for help and ask in an Apple forum. You may find someone who can help in these USER TO USER forums here but AMD does not offer any direct support for APPLE PRODUCTS that comes only from APPLE.  Mac Pro - Official Apple Support 

Good Luck!

0 Likes
berube
Journeyman III

Hello pokester,

Thank you for your reply. 

I resolved my issue by taking the cards off the board, and re-mounting them.

It must have been a contact miss alignment on the hardware itself. 

I made sure they were secured in place all the way, nice and tight. 

I rebooted and saw right away the detected cards in the "Graphic Processor Settings" of the Photoshop Preference Performance tab.

This fixed my issues in Adobe Photoshop 2020 & all prior versions, though still have the undetected by Adobe illustrator… Will continue to investigate and post my results once resolved. 

Thanks!

-Berube

www.johnberube.com

Awesome! Glad you resolved your issue. Reseating the cards is great to know for anyone else that might run across your question and self discovered answer. 

0 Likes

Did you ever figure out a fix for Adobe Illustrator? I'm having this problem but only with Adobe Illustrator and I've been trying to fix it for a while now.

0 Likes

I'm having this problem with Adobe Illustrator too did you ever find a fix for Illustrator? I'm been search the web for answers and nothing is working so far

0 Likes

Did you assign the high performance graphics to the app from the computer 'display'/'graphics' options?

I don't know if anything has changed recently, but Adobe has always, by default, used the onboard graphics. Any OGL application.

Adobe has suggested disabling the 'switchable' function in the bios to allow use of the discrete graphics and suggests updating the bios if the option is not there.

@berube 

You make some fantastic SciFI/Fantasy films. Went to your Website and was quite amazed at the CGI clips you run at your website.

Reminds me of some of today's CGI games. Are those clips actual movies that you made, Short films or regular films, if so any way of getting any your films on DVD or download?

0 Likes