AnsweredAssumed Answered

Radeon rx 5700 xt crashes BF5

Question asked by pedminacar on Feb 10, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2020 by stegcon

Hi

I'm facing a problem with BF5. I have the latest driver for the radeon rx 5700 xt, but after some time inside the game doesn't matter where (menus or in gaming) the screen freezes and after some time a black screen appear. If I wait some more time the screen says No Input and I have to shut down the PC. I noticed that if I press alt + enter while the screen is freezed, I'm back to desktop, but the game is closed. In the event viewer it says at the moment of the crash, Event ID=4101 "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". On the amd site for the latest driver it says the following:

Known Issues
Some DirectX®11 API games may experience an application crash when performing a task switch with Radeon Image Sharpening enabled.
Enabling feature for Radeon ReLive such as Instant Replay, Instant Gif or In-Game Replay may cause the display or UI to flicker or stutter.
A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark.
Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.
Some games may exhibit stutter or appear to be downclocking on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
A black screen may occur when performing a mode change with a limited number of displays on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

But I don't understand what mode change means.

Thank you in advance

EDIT: I noticed that the crash happens on fullscreen only. I played for more than an hour on windowed mode and didn't get any crash.

Outcomes