Apologies for lengthy email, hope to explain this clearly.
System specs below.
1. Athlon 3000G
2. Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Wifi\
3. 8 GB DDR RAM
4. Samsung 970 EVO SSD
Issue: When connecting 2 monitors, DP + Alternative HDMI port, there is no display in that alternative HDMI port.
Example on my Athlon 3000G:
1. DP + HDMI Port 1 = DP Display works, HDMI Port 1 Display works
2. DP + HDMI Port 2 = DP Display works, HDMI Port 2 Display does not work (Windows detects a display, but nothing shown on screen, monitor light keeps blinking)
3. HDMI Port 1 + HDMI Port 2 = HDMI Port 1 Display works, HDMI Port 2 Display doesnt work
1. I initially suspected a mobo issue, but my motherboard distro patiently tested my mobo with 2 concurrent displays on his own 2200G, i.e. HDMI+HDMI, DP+HDMI and no issues.
2. I brought the CPU back to my AMD distro, my request for RMA / replacement was rejected.
Reasons cited by local distro for rejecting my RMA / replacement:
1. Incompatible monitor , incompatible TV - Impossible, I tried it on LG C7 TV, Acer XV273K 2160p, Acer VG271U 1440p, Samsung CF390 1080p, Generic dell office monitors in my office 1080p (??)
2. Motherboard issue - Again, impossible explained above.
3. Athlon 3000G only supports maximum 2 displays - This could be possible, however, this wikichip website states that it supports 3 max displays. Athlon 3000G - AMD - WikiChip . My local distro stated that this website is unsubstantiated and not AMD validated, so they are unable to confirm / assist any further.
So can AMD please explain whether (I am no technical expert, so please forgive my ignorant questions):
1. The Athlon 3000G can indeed support 3 displays?
2. The Athlon 3000G has a different (connection/port) for each of the 3 displays?
3. It is possible that 2 of the 3 connection/port on the Athlon 3000G works and 1 connection/port is faulty?