cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kreaspykream
Adept I

RX 5700 - Battlefield V | black screen + Radeon Software crash

HI, so recently I've purchased a AMD GIGABYTE RX 5700 Gaming OC card, and while game performance has generally been a mixed bag due to AMD's drivers, there's this specific issue that really rubs me the wrong way, and I wanted to know if anyone here has been experiencing this.

Okay, so specifically in Battlefield V, I've noticed that, while my framerate is higher than my GTX 970, there's some stutter present, which my GTX 970 didn't have, and then, the juicy part.

I can't even finish a match, after a couple minutes, my TWO monitors will just randomly go black for a couple seconds, and then I'm kicked back to my Windows 10 Desktop, so in my head, I thought Battlefield V was the one crashing, but then I installed AppCrashViewer, and I realized that my Battlefield V NEVER crashed, it just closed, in fact, what's crashing is the AMD Radeon Software, AKA the drivers.

Now I know recent driver patch notes mention a similar issue, but it's a bit vague, so what I'm asking is, 

Are any of you reading this having this issue in Battlefield V, DirectX 11? I don't mind if you don't have a fix to suggest, I just want to make sure I'm not the only one having this issue.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700x
16 GB of RAM (Dual channel)

game is installed in an SSD

two monitors,

Drivers: 20.2.1, though 20.1.3 and 20.1.4 have the same issue.

and obviously my RX 5700

thank you!

10 Replies
gosh
Journeyman III

Same problem, Battlefield V suddenly closed

My specs:

Ryzen 7 3700X

16 GB RAM

Monitor Benq EX3203R . QHD + 144 Hz + Antilag enabled + Enhanced sync enabled

GPU: 5700XT

Drivers: 20.2.1 ( though 20.1.3 )

0 Likes
somuchhard
Adept II

Same problem here only with BFV. RX 5700 and ryzen 5 3600.

0 Likes
viventis
Adept I

Try using Adrenalin  19.8.1 drivers.  This completely solved my problem (Ryzen 5700xt).

0 Likes
siikshots
Journeyman III

Yes, same problem here. A temporary fix for me was installing with DDU the 19.12.1 drivers and switching the refresh rate of the monitor to 120hz (from 144hz) on windows (Settings/Display/Advanced display settings/Display adapter proprieties for Display 1/Monitor) everytime I wanted to play a game. But in the game settings I set the refresh rate to 144hz. This works for me for BFV/BF1/Battlefront 2. Every driver after that one always crashes unless I switch to borderless mode but then I lose over 10-30fps and it stutters.

My specs:

Ryzen 5 3600X

16 GB 3200 mhz RAM

Monitor AOC 24G2U 144hz with freesync enabled

GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition

Drivers: 19.12.1

0 Likes
gosh
Journeyman III

Update to latest chipset driver help me https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 

no BFV crashes for 10 days

but still have a problem with video from youtube(some videos) - only in chrome browser ( edge browser is ok )

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Does this issue occur if you use the DX12 code path in BF V?

0 Likes

Some have stated that DX 12 stops the crashes in Battlefield 5 but I crashed using DX 11 or DX 12.

Gary

0 Likes
angelfd
Journeyman III

Hello, the some problem

I have 

Ryzen 3600

Radeon 5700xt oc gigabyte

Aorus B450 pro

16 ram 3200 mhz

The game crash ande the adrenalin de same story

0 Likes
angelfd
Journeyman III

I have found a temporary solution until they fix the drivers for Battlefield v (if they fix it). The solution is incredibly easy but 100% effective, is to put the game in window mode. This change will allow us to play Battlefield v everything we want without cracking until Radeon takes out decent drivers for Batterfield V in the 5700 series.  Is a 300 IQ solution.

viventis
Adept I

It seems that both driver 19.8.1 and 19.12.1 fix this problem.  Any newer driver remains problematic.  I know a lot of people are trying different things and there are some that are claiming success. But the crashes are truly random.  You might crash before the game loads or you might play for two straight hours before the crash comes.  The legacy driver fix really works, folks!