cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

old_noobette
Adept II

is there a way to make the Adrenalin user interface look like Catalyst?

The other day i decided to upgrade my HD 7770 drivers. The AMD site dictated a Adrenalin driver package.

So i wiped my Catalyst drivers and tried the Adrenalin.

It didn't function well , my GPU temps rose in idle. i had to constantly correct a "Busy" pointer issue that came back repeatedly. So i decided to find a older Catalyst driver for my HD 7770. But i could not find ANY older Catalyst drivers on the AMD or manufactures website. So after rummaging around for like 20 minutes i found the old manufacture's CD  with catalyst 12.1 and installed that. Now it is working flawlessly again and my temps dropped back down and no more irritating busy pointer.

However,,, Back to the subject question.

while i was using it, I found the Adrenalin interface and menus confusing and annoying to use, and there was way to much advertising going on on the home tab.

At some point i am upgrading to a rx 5500 and I will have to use Adrenalin drivers.

So,,,,

Is there a way to configure Adrenalin to look and interface like Catalyst?

Yes im Old. Yes i could learn it, but it is just annoying.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
bobalazs
Elite

No. You can't, but you can write a support ticket and ask them for your preference, maybe they will listen.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
baepe
Adept III

No man, it's not because "you're old" AMD software and drivers are TERRIBLE. AMD has totally ignored their graphics products and really left the customer out in the rain.