Hi guys, I recently built a new computer:

• Ryzen 5 3600x
  • asrock steel legend x570
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card
  • Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Watching the temperatures at idol it bounces from about 35 to 50 degrees it seems to boost up to 4.4mhz which instantly raises the temp 10 degrees  then come down to 4.1/3.9mhz and the temp comes down. Is this normal?

When I run prime95 the temp spikes quickly to about 75 degrees then it settles in at about 4.2mhz and the temp comes down to about 65 degrees and slowly goes up with some occasional spikes followed by it coming back down again.

I can only run Prime95 for about 5-10 minutes and then the whole system crashes. 

I don't have any extra overclock settings on the system it is set to the default motherboard stuff except the Ram which I put to 3600mhz and turned on xmp profile.

Is there something I'm missing, why is the system crashing and why are the temperatures so all over the place? Did I get a bad Processor?

I have replaced the thermal paste to arctic because i thought it would be that but it's exactly the same.

note: the southbridge sits at 64 degrees as well? 

UPDATE: I've changed a-tuning to standard mode and the computer is running at 2200mhz and not going above that and the temperature is still spiking 10 degrees every few seconds.at idle

Watching HDMonitor the voltages for VID#0-5 are bouncing constantly as well every few seconds from 0.9V too 1.475V as well. Does 1.475 V seem a bit high even when I was overclocking my fx-6300 I only ever put it up to 1.35V? 

*Degrees Celsius 

Outcomes