Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pedminacar
Adept I

Motherboard doesn't recognize ryzen 3600

Hi,

I tried to build my new PC and when I turn it on only the fans work (case and CPU). There is a red debug light next to CPU label in motherboard. Is there any possibility that the CPU is damaged? I seated the CPU two times to make sure it was correctly fixed (and it is). The pins are not bent.

Motherboard - MSI x570 A-pro

PSU - Corsair RM750x

GPU - MSI radeon rx5700 xt

Thanks for your time

0 Likes
11 Replies

Usually you have to update the BIOS before installing these 3rd gen Ryzen CPU s.

Andy

0 Likes

I did that earlier, but the light doesn't go away. I updated it with the CPU attached to motherboard.

0 Likes

Has our motherboard got the BIOS flash feature built in then?

Also check that your RAM is on your motherboard's QVL otherwise it isn't guaranteed to work.

Andy

The box of the motherboard says it is ryzen 3000 ready. Plus the ram I choosed was based on the recommendations on the motherboards manufacturer's website. The website has a section of all the compatible ram. By the way the ram I bought is 3200 MHZ is this an issue for ryzen 3600?

0 Likes

Nope 3200 is pretty much the sweet spot for those processors. You may want to check what timings are being used against what the ram manufacturer says they should be. Even though ram is on QVL doesn't always mean it automatically sets the correct timings for the ram. 

0 Likes

Hi, thank you for your help. I decided to RMA the CPU since not sure if when installing the cpu fan I pressed a bit too  much the cpu. Not sure if the PCB is damaged.

No worries. I hope it works out for you with as little future trouble as possible. Good Luck!

0 Likes

An X570 board was released with support for that processor. 

Try just one stick of ram installed at a time and see if that helps. Reseat any cards such as your cpu. Unplug all cables and replug to make sure one is not loose on your board. You should be able to visibly see if a pin is bent and if one is it likely would not install, unless it was bent and then bent back then yes it may be damaged. 

Contact MSI support. They should be able to best walk you through trouble shooting steps to isolate the issue. 

0 Likes

I have the same motherboard and all BIOS versions support the R5 3600 and all other 3000 series processors

0 Likes
pedminacar
Adept I

Hi

Forgot to tell you, I found the problem of the system. It turns out the reset button of the case is stuck/pressed and every time I turned on the PC the system was in permanent reset state. I removed the reset connector from motherboard and now it works.

Thank you all for your help!

0 Likes

Glad to hear you managed to get it sorted.

It also really helps other people too when people post the resolve to their PC problems.

Andy

0 Likes