blazek

The Lightshow

Discussion created by blazek on Feb 3, 2020

Hello all and welcome to the Lightshow, this rig is themed around the AMD Red Team.

Video: Blaze on Twitter: "My @AMDRyzen 1800X build!… " 

Specifications

CPURyzen 1800X
CoolerNZXT Kraken M22
MotherboardASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
MemoryCorsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GraphicsEVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
Disc Drive 1Intel 730 480GB SSD
Disc Drive 2
Disc Drive 3{drive3}
PSUCorsair RM1000x
CaseIn Win 805 Infinity
MonitorSamsung FreeSync 1080p

The guts:

An older VisionTek Radeon card I had laying around during testing since the 1800x doesn't have an iGPU.

How it looks from the side, the square you see on the bottom left is a mirror I purchased from the dollar store, I purchased attached it to 4 wooden pieces, slapped the Ryzen sticker on it and inserted a red LED strip around the center of it to give it that effect.

To do list:

- Get a Radeon card, my choices would be; the cheaper option would be RX 480/580, more expensive option would be RX 5700 XT but my dream GPU is the Radeon 7! (or Big Navi obs, but it's not released yet.)

- Get a Ryzen 9 processor, I have the latest AMD chipset and BIOS (v7704) from ASUS so I can upgrade to a newer CPU, Zen2/Ryzen 3rd gen.

- Get a storage drive with more space, the Intel 480GB SSD is fine, has good rd/wr speeds but 480GB just doesn't cut it for AAA games in 2020... I always have to uninstall games to reinstall new ones, games these days are 80GB+ to 100GB+ and I can't seem to have more than 4-5 games installed at once.

- Get 2x120mm fans for under the case, install them as intakes for more case airflow.

Outcomes