Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

solchael
Journeyman III

Fan speed 0 to 100%

Hi 

I have a little problem, well not sure it is a problem. Here are my GPU info
pastedImage_1.png

I run windows 10, 64bits, everything is up to date, and I never used any 3rd party program to manage my GPU. It's the first time I check on this. Only had some fan monitoring program for anormal speed on my cpu (was due to thermal paste and dust).....

When I start the computer the GPU fan is running then stop. I read on internet that with that GPU the fan only run when it reach a certain temperature. Which is what happens when I play league of legends. When the temperature increase from 55 -60° to 80 - 85°, the fan runs at 100% then when the temperature goes back under 60° the fan goes back to 0% speed. So I checked on the new software of Radeon (20.1.3) and I see I could set a "personnal" setting. That's what I did. I enable Fan Tuning : 
pastedImage_3.png
I wanted to see if I could have a decent temperature all the time to avoid the noisy sound of 100% speed. But the fan isn't running at all when I press apply. The fan start running only if I set Fan Speed between 90% to 100% speed no matter which temperature.

Or I should leave it as it is (IE automated) ... And have, when the temperature goes over 80°C that noisy and loud sound of the fan? 

If you need more information let me know.

Regards, 
Solchael

1 Reply
mccar66
Adept I

Near identical problem - but with a R9 200 series.  Cycles below 100C at 256 rpm.  At 100C it jumps to 4000. 

0 Likes