cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

spy_crab
Adept I

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon Rx580 8gb wierd GM usage and system crash

2_veOZTGzKc.jpgit all started like this. GPU's heat level was around 70C and GM usage was around 50 mb's in Rust at pre-ultra settings. Then i rebooted my pc and it went ok. GM usage was around 3-4 gb's. Later that day i was playing war thunder. It all was ok. GM usage around 2-3 gb's, but temperature was still 65C. Then this happenedujIxrBRyy6I.jpgi just don't know what's going on and how to fix that. I've bought this brand-new Graphics Card like 2 months ago

0 Likes
12 Replies

More responses will be had if you post in the correct forum with similar issues.

Drivers & Software 

Graphics 

Processors 

AMD Help and FAQ:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/driverhelp 

0 Likes

how many fans are in your rig?

best is 1 front intake and 1-2 rear/top exhaust

0 Likes

i have 3 fans. 1 at bottom (intake), 1 at top surface (exhaust) and 1 at side (intake). I have issues with installing a front intake fan cuz i need like 1.0 - 1.5 inch width, but in a local shops there are only 2.5 inches. I'd put 1-2 more fans, however, on the motherboard there are only 2 fan connectors and i can't control all of them properly

0 Likes

spy_crab wrote:

i have 3 fans. 1 at bottom (intake), 1 at top surface (exhaust) and 1 at side (intake). I have issues with installing a front intake fan cuz i need like 1.0 - 1.5 inch width, but in a local shops there are only 2.5 inches. I'd put 1-2 more fans, however, on the motherboard there are only 2 fan connectors and i can't control all of them properly

ebay has fans of all shapes and sizes, thin ones are available for tight squeezes too

0 Likes

ebay is not valuable in my country. i'll have to pay additional money for delivery

0 Likes

spy_crab wrote:

ebay is not valuable in my country. i'll have to pay additional money for delivery

where do you live?

0 Likes

russia

0 Likes

spy_crab wrote:

russia

thanks, reasons I was not sure before

best I can suggest is to look around locally for suitable hardware

0 Likes

You should move your question to the right place, the graphics forum would be best, as kingfish‌ suggested. 

Did you recently change drivers and this started after that change? If so a you might want to regress to the previous driver.

If not set your Power Limit to +50 in Wattman in Radeon Settings see if that helps. I've seen 580's have stability issues when hitting about 77 degrees even though this is supposed to be okay for those cards. Regardless I have had 2 of them myself exhibit this behavior. I have however never had one display a picture like what you posted. You can set a manual fan curve in Wattman that will run the fan at max sooner and see if that helps too. 

I would also send those pics and ask your question to the support department at Sapphire that made your card. If a simple software tweak doesn't help it may be time to do an RMA. Anyway they should be able to walk you through trouble shooting steps and in general they do make the best AMD cards. Cards mostly crap out in the first 90 days or they last for years. 

I agree that pushing the power limit to +infinity is a good choice for Radeon cards

I have an HX1000i so I can afford to push the power to the max

My RX 480 hardly gets past 65C so I am wondering if the thermal material is failing

0 Likes

Welp i've updated my windows to latest version and everything's fine rn. GM usage fixed itself and i haven't met any static screens

That move to +50 is great for stability on those cards. It doesn't mean it will always use more power. It uses the power dynamically anyway. It just means you will have a higher ceiling when needed. 

Good Luck. Glad you are on the right path! Happy Gaming!

0 Likes