Hi all

I bought recently my PC
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
NZXT Kraken X72 Liquid CPU Cooler
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card
OS: Windows 10pro 64 Bit with up to date BIOS for my motherboard

Wondering if you could share your thoughts with others about stability/temperatures/voltage of new cpu ryzen 7/8

1) what do you think about power plans for ryzen and how do they work for you. I recently found 1usmus Custom Power Plan for Ryzen 3000 Processors tested only on 3,9+ 1usmus Custom Power Plan for Ryzen 3000 Download v1.1 

2) what is your voltage and what do you use to get lower temperatures. Is it BIOS or Ryzen Master. Can you please share some settings

3) Do you know when AMD thinks about BIOS update for new ryzens  and how do you think this will improve CPU performance

3) How stable your CPUs runs ??

The reason why I am asking is because I spent so much money and everything seems to not working as it should. High temperatures/ voltages without OC. I do not know what to think about it also thinking will that ever get more stable ??

I would appreciate for any thoughts Thanks

0 Likes
10 Replies

What sort of voltages and temperatures are you getting?

Andy

0 Likes
gido
Journeyman III

1.4V++ and temp over 50degrees just running not loaded. If I change in Ryzen master voltages to 1,25 temperatures goe down but I can not run system on prime95/aida64/cinebench or any of these programs - straight away get blue screen

0 Likes

They are perfectly normal values for these Ryzen CPU s.

My Ryzen 3700X fluctuates between 0.9 - 1.4 volts and 50 - 55c just idling & it does spike up temperature wise.

During intensive gaming I never see temperatures about 67C so it's fine.

I use Windows Power Saving Mode to lower the CPU to 2200 MHZ and 0.9 V if I am just browsing.

You have nothing to worry about.

0 Likes
gido
Journeyman III

What is worrying me is I can not find perfect settings. I tried all settings in ryzen master and only one which seems to work i standard one. If I set vol to 1,25 or other  my CP keep crushing . Is it better to set it in BIOS?

Which power mode is currently the best?

Will new bios which I hope come soon for x570 help with all that voltage/temp issues?

How did you get 0.9 - 1.4 volts ?? what sort of setting did you use ?

0 Likes

Just reset your BIOS and use the standard settings with 1.4 volts as that is perfectly fine and safe.  

Power mode I use Windows Balanced for gaming and Power Saver for browsing or watching a film.  

My 0.9 -1.4 volts changes automatically in Windows Balanced Power Plan according to different loads on the CPU.  

Windows is always performing different tasks in the background so the voltage changes according to the load.  

0 Likes
gido
Journeyman III

Why I can not boost to 4,3 ? my windows always crushes. Some people can sett vol/temp and get nice temp with high boost

if I put any 1,2-1,4 and set 4,3 always blue screen can understand 

0 Likes

When you lower the voltage you also have a negative affect on performance.

Try leaving the voltage at its default setting and Enabling PBO.

Also remember that the maximum advertised speed for your CPU is 4.6 GHZ for SINGLE CORE performance.

You can usually achieve this without PBO Enabled but, again, lowering your voltage will affect the maximum speed.

PBO enables a higher all core boost of your CPU so try it with your default voltage in your BIOS then run Cinebench - both the single and multi core tests.

Andy

0 Likes
gido
Journeyman III

Just to clarify something I did all settings on Ryzen master I have not touched BIOS

Do you mean that I should enable instead of disable PBO in my BIOS?

Should I make all changes in BIOS then? I mean should I use BIOS instead of Ryzen master?

0 Likes

Yes Enable PBO in the BIOS.

You really don't need to make any other changes using either Ryzen Master or your BIOS.

Also make sure that your BIOS is up to date with the latest version.

0 Likes

I  overvolt my memory to stabilize my rig.

The BIOS bugs on my MSI X470 Gaming Plus are another source of headaches.

My R5 2400G CPU runs at stock voltage and speeds. So far it seems to be cool running with MX-4 and the OEM cooler.

0 Likes