cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sentient
Journeyman III

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

I am unable to get my Sapphire Radeon R7 240 With Boost Gr to install the driver.  I get the following message: 

No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver

appropriate for your AMD hardware.

I have uninstalled it several times, going in to safe mode and running the AMD Cleanup Utility, I've also tried using DDU to clear any left over files.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

Motherboard is an ASUS Z97-K-USB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

All was working fine then suddenly some application screens reduce in size and I could not change them.  I then tried to access the AMD Radeon Software to see if configuration had changed but was unable to access it, getting the above error message.

In the event log I get this error all the time: svchost (10656,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

I've followed all the help on the internet without any luck.  I've install the latest version of Adrenalin and older versions but all give the above error message.

When I clear the message Adrenalin window come up but I cannot activate any item without displaying same message. I do get access to Updates, Preferences notification and AMD Link.

Can anyone help

0 Likes
2 Replies
mitchconner
Adept I

The error you are getting is because the folder for that log file doesn't exist. It can be fixed by simply creating the folders that are missing. This is not a driver related error.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/win-10-build-1903-release-1836286-esent-errors...

0 Likes

Hi mitchconner

I followed the suggestion and created the folders

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\.

The files were automatically created. I did a reboot to be sure it

registered, but unfortunately I am still getting the same message.

I’ve searched the internet and looked through event view without any

success.

Have you any other thoughts before a do a new Windows install.

Regards

Sentient

0 Likes