cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mindsala
Journeyman III

RX580 Crashes/Freezes Game

I recently purchased a Sapphire PULSE RX 580 8GB. I've been encountering problems with 1 particular game (Apex Legends) crashing to desktop with the DXGI_DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG error, as well as freezing mid game (requiring me to force close the game and restart it.)

I keep my drivers up to date, but this seems to happen when the drivers are outdated by 1 or 2 days. I also sometimes see graphical artifacts leading up to the game crashing. This only happens with Apex however. Once I update the drivers that are only outdated by a couple days, it seems to fix the problem temporarily until the next driver release. Kind of becoming a pain to encounter problems with driver versions that aren't even a couple weeks old and constantly having to make sure they are up to date before launching the game.

PC SPECS (I plan on upgrading all these components this year)

i5 3470

16GB Corsair Vengeance

ASUS P8B75-M Motherboard

Antec 750W PSU

2 Replies
primedc
Journeyman III

What bios is your card running? I have the same card, and if you bought it second hand it may have a modified bios on it. I encountered this problem as well until I reflashed the bios to the official one. What are your clock speeds as well?

0 Likes

I bought it new, not used. I'm assuming the BIOS is up to date and it would be official. Clock speeds are stock.

I've done two things that seem to help the crashing. The first is setting EasyAntiCheat priority to low everytime I boot up Apex. The second is setting custom fan curves to keep the card cool. I had forgot to set that up when I got the card, so I think it was running hot (70-80C). It's now running about 60C under load. I didn't crash at all last night (played for about 2 hours).

0 Likes