cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

matt292
Adept I

Battle.net crashes after installing any version past 19.10...anyone have any fixes??

I've tried various updates, but rolling back to 19.10 is the only solution that "works." I've sent a support ticket to AMD, and also to Blizzard, both over a month ago and no resolution yet. REALLLLLY annoying since I really only play Blizzard games on my laptop.

Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY, 32GB RAM, dual SSD's.

Thanks in advance!!

0 Likes
10 Replies
matt292
Adept I

Also, uninstalling & reinstalling Battle.net doesn't help. Nor does running as an admin via right-clicking.

Win 10 x64, all updates installed.

The ONLY resolution that works is by updating the Vega 8 drivers from Device Manager, which downgrades the video drivers back to 19.10.24. Literally every version I've tried since 19.10.24 results in the following crashes:

Faulting application name: Battle.net.exe, version: 1.19.1.11809, time stamp: 0x5e2f7105
Faulting module name: atidxx32.dll, version: 26.20.15017.1005, time stamp: 0x5e2b47d0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000120b5
Faulting process id: 0x860
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5d62eee533a4f
Faulting application path: E:\Blizzard\Battle.net\Battle.net.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0351282.inf_amd64_c235bc9782254a78\B351278\atidxx32.dll
Report Id: 552affd9-718a-4bf9-92ae-9309fd3f50ab
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes

0 Likes

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD Radeon RX560X Discreet/Vega 8
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Vega 8 - 26.20.11024.1 (via Device Manager)
    • RX560X - 26.20.11024.1 (via Device Manager)
    • Radeon Software 19.10.24
  • Display Devices
    • Built in laptop display: 1920x1080
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Unknown board model (Laptop) -- BIOS is 10.1.2.314 (Asus)
  • CPU/APU
    • Ryzen 5 3550H
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Laptop; factory power brick
  • RAM
    • 32GB

Describe your issue:

• When updating past Radeon Software 19.10.24, Battle.net produces a crash. Event viewer references the process failing as "atidxx32.dll." To reproduce, I simply update the Radeon software either via the software itself, or by installing it via the installer from AMD directly. Downgrading by selecting Update Driver for the Vega 8 chipset via Device Manager resolves the issue.
  • Battle.net Desktop application, version 2.6.7.64706
    • This is the application that crashes -- I can't test Diablo 3 alone because launching it independently requires the Battle.net application to launch, and fails
  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
    • Resolution: 1920x1080x60 (16:9 widescreen)
    • Max foreground FPS: 150
    • Max Background FPS: 8
    • Texture quality: High
    • Shadow quality: High (smooth)
    • Physics: High
    • Clutter Density: High
    • Anti-aliasing: Fullscreen
    • These are settings from within the game itself, which mentioned above -- the game itself will NOT load when the problem exists as the launcher for the game is what's crashing
  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue
    • None available
0 Likes

Also your system is laptop. Application exe file maybe need to be added with Radeon control panel. Maybe the application does not use Radeon and gives errors. Or it uses Radeon and gives errors. I do not know.

0 Likes

I would do a clean install of the 19.12.1 drivers using DDU in safe mode. This seems to be the best all round version so far.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-mobile-processo... 

Sorry for the delay, but this fixed it -- thank you!! Saved me hours of a clean Windows install & redownloading all my games again lol

Battle.net application is not on the original path. Also the AMD driver file should be on syswow64. Both driver and application installation should be repeated.

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply! I've done both of those months ago when it first popped up. Uninstalled each with a reboot in between, and reinstalled both with no change. I also can't move that file referenced in the error as Win10 doesn't give me the option to escalate privileges even though I'm signed in as an admin. Also tried running cmd as admin & moving it that way, access denied.

Also, it's by design for the Battle.net application to be elsewhere, I have my games installed on a 2nd SSD I installed in the laptop.

0 Likes

I guess the file with stub end should be in the syswow64 folder. I am not sure. There is something wrong. Maybe the new Windows installation will fix the situation.

0 Likes
kamikazee
Journeyman III

Still having the same problem with the same notebook.

Also, found, that Origin application could not start too. Even Origin's installation was not starting, although I managed to install it through Safe Mode. Now, when it is installed, It keeps crashing even not letting to enter login and pass.

Also found this thread - https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/591351/amd-driver-2020-edition-20-2-2-error-with-battle-net... 

Same problem.

0 Likes