I'm new to these, so please read through this! I might actually misunderstand certain things, still learning (Apologies).
A while back I had a confusion about what these "Chipset Drivers" are, I posted this on r/AMD since I own a Ryzen 5 1500x on a B450M board, i wasn't exactly sure on what they do or they are important or not.
I learned that getting it from AMD is the best option, but I've also noted that people mention that Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs it. Note that I'm talking about the "motherboard chipset drivers" and not the CPU drivers.
- Upon selecting my Chipset and Socket type I get this Chipset driver for my motherboard B450M. But my question is that Windows 10 actually installs this or not? Any help on this is appreciated!
- Also, What is this Windows 10 1903 May Update Ryzen power plan I keep hearing about? I have 1909, am I good or I need to manually update anything?
My specs :
- OS : Windows 10 Edu 1909 - Build 18363
- CPU : Ryzen 5 1500x
- Motherboard : MSI B450M PRO M2 MAX
- GPU : Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1650 Super Windforce OC 4GB GDDR6
- SSD : OS - 120 GB Corsair Force LE200 / Games - TeamGroup GX2 1TB
- RAM : TeamGroup T-Force Vulcan 2x8GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz
Thanks in advance!